Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Monk's New Room!

When we first found out our little monk was coming I knew that I wanted to make a cool little Hawaiian nursery for him. However, we in between moving and moving and moving a house fire and the small fact that all Hawaiian crib bedding was $300+, it just didn't happen.

When we moved into our home now (almost 2 years!) my mom and I found some really cute dinosaur bedding at an amazing price so I did a dinosaur room for him. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at picking out paint colors and they were a lot darker than I wanted and I just haven't enjoyed his room. Selfishly, I decorate for me and not for my boys. Anyway, for want of a project, I shopped for months and finally found some bedding I could afford. I wanted a quilt and not a comforter because the insides bunch up when I wash it.




That was in February. Now that it is June I FINALLY painted. I found some inspiration on line and used a projector from a friend and many hours later VOILA! I am so in love with the bright colors (and an excuse to use turquoise). I may not be much of an artist, heaven knows I keep looking at it thinking of all the stuff I need to fix, but I LOVE love love his room.

Next in the plan is a white beach table for next to his bed, a beach chair with an umbrella and I need to make a grass skirt for his bed skirt and valance. Love the accessories!






2 comments: