Monday, July 27, 2009

During the Hiatus

So we moved one week and D was gone on business for another. I have painted my little heart out and result is a crappy job that meant well. No one told me that paneling would be so difficult. We are spent to say the least. All three of us. D hasn't rested once since he got back from his business trip. P is having difficulty adjusting to new house, new room, new bed and where did daddy go? My family pampers me, but I'm tired.
Our house is coming along. When I've had decent enough rest from painting, I'm going to start in on my boys' rooms. Oh, and I did say BOYS as in plural! I am very excited to have another little guy in the family. Of course I feel disappointed that I can't buy girl's clothes, yet. But every mama needs a little son to love her and cuddle her the way mine does and I'm excited to add another.
Our ultrasound went very well. We are completely healthy. And as I have become somewhat wiser this past year, I was very grateful and a healthy baby is all I can hope for. Our little guy didn't move much which is very different that any of P's ultrasounds. From the very first he was kicking his little legs. This one doesn't. He was moving his little mouth which was precious and he had his legs crossed and one leg up around his head most of the time. When he eventually uncrossed, it was very obvious he was a boy. Even I could tell! The technician said that he is measuring a little bit small, but for right now, it's nothing to be concerned about. P is teeny now, but he wasn't when he was born and D and I aren't large people, so it's ok.
We have no name yet. We have nothing that feels right so far, but I do love Ryan more and more. Surprising, since I go for "unusual but not weird". Maybe I exhausted all my best efforts with P. Anyway, someday I'll have something to call him other than "new baby" or "mystery brooks". Or the quiet son, as this guy has his own personality.

2 comments:

  1. Paneling is a pain in the butt to paint. Ugghh. I'm glad the new baby boy is healthy and I'm sure you'll come up with a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm from BabyGaga...just checking in on you because I wanted to know what you are having...congrats on another boy! I wanted a boy, but we're having a girl and I'm very excited! - Regine

    ReplyDelete