Monday, July 13, 2009

What a Week This Will BE!

This is going to be a good week. Today we closed on our house! We are officially home owners and it feels great. We're so excited that we're FINALLY in the settle down stage. No more running back and forth across the country and worrying about school and jobs, etc.

The people we bought the house from were really nice and cleaned it really well and left us a bottle of wine. We don't drink, (any takers anyone?), but they also gave us a DVD of all the renovations they did and did you know HallMark has a card for occassions like this?

We went to a lawyer's office and signed all of our paperwork. There really wasn't too much and I figured there'd be way more. P was perfection and WOW I wrote the biggest check of my life. Our loan officer was there and I appreciated that he admitted that the banks were shady when it came to appraisals. He said he has a couple that want a house that had appraised for 165, but since they're getting it at 145, he knows the appraisal will be at 146. Still very deceitful of the bank, but I like it when people can admit it. And our loan guy has no control over that stuff and he was great to work with.

We spent the rest of the day unloading one trailer full and taping up the walls for paint. The people before us liked warm orangey colors and we prefer much cooler tones.

D is taking and unloading another trailer full TUESDAY all by himself. I'm going to spend all day cleaning this place.

WEDNESDAY, my dad has off, so he's going to help me paint in the morning and move our big things in the afternoon. I'm SO grateful for his help. My mom is dying that she can't help paint, but believe me, there is PLENTY more to paint.

THURSDAY will be a loose string day and hopefully we won't have to come back to Upper again and we can start to put our house together.

FRIDAY is our Ultrasound! I'm really excited for it. We're officially 19 weeks along. This time is different than with Baby P. With him I just figured everything was perfect and I wanted to confirm he'd be a boy. This time, while I'm excited to find out the gender, I want to make sure there are four heart valves and two brain halves and all the organs are in their place.

Anyway, it's a big and VERY exciting week!

1 comment:

  1. You know, Hallmark seems to have a card for every occasion and every possible person or animal. Congrats on the closing! Hope moving goes well. I hate moving. So much to do but it'll be so nice when it's all done! I hope your ultrasound goes well and that everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete