Thursday, July 8, 2010

7 months is old



So far no teeth, crawling or sitting up. And that's the way I like it. Right now, even though he seems so long and so big, in my mind I can still make him a tiny baby. I think this next month is going to change all of that.

Our Bruiser is quite adept at getting around though, so don't let the fact he's not crawling fool you. He can turn full circles on his little tummy and roll over, which is how he gets to things. He also gets up on his hands and tip toes like he's about to do a very graceful push up. That's way different than Monkey. When Monk was learning about crawling, he looked like he was trying to swim. Bruiser looks like he's break dancing.

Bruiser's feet are finally wide enough to wear the cute little flip flops his auntie bought for him. And he's teething an awful lot. His gums are so bumpy. The last few days he has drank more bottle than normal. He usually eats a breakfast, lunch and dinner of oatmeal and some fruit/vegetable and a bottle for naptime. It has saved me a lot on formula. He's easy and happy and healthy and very SHY.

He's been such a Mommy's boy and I really love it. I worked all week for D so he had to go to a babysitter for the first time and by the second day he would cry and cry and cry until I held him. That was very sad for Daddy who was trying to take care of him while I went running. Oh, and Bruiser loves animals. He gets really excited to see cats or our chickens. His arms get straight and rigid and he shakes them like he's having a seizure! But a big grin the whole time. I cannot resist those perfect dimples.

Monk is still being an awesome big brother. His curls are getting out of control with the humidity. He's more defiant lately and I really have been tryin to watch how I speak to him since I know that makes a huge difference. He's learning all of our full and grown-up names in case he gets separated from us. He forgets my first name so when you ask him I'm Mommy Bwooks. He does something funny every day and oh how I love this sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment