Sunday, December 12, 2010

CatScans, Birthdays and Parties!

Well we have definitely been a very busy little family. I start out by saying this so I have an excuse for not updating in so long.



First, Bruiser had his first ER appointment. He fell inTO our bathtub and hit his head and his eye a day before his birthday. Normally that's not a big deal, but since he's a bruiser we had to rush off to the hospital and get a catscan to make sure there was no internal bleeding. I called the Hemophilia Center on our to let them know what was going on. The nurse told me that the ER people would resist a catscan but that I had to be very aggressive. She also called the ER ahead of time and gave them instructions. They're so wonderful! I brought our factor with us because normally we would inject him first thing. It turned out that getting a catscan was faster than putting a team together to give Bruiser his IV then his factor. When we got into the catscan room they wrapped by little baby up like a tiny blue burrito and Daddy got to help hold him. He only moved during two of the pictures so it was all over in just a couple minutes. Catscans are cool by the way. I got to see his brain and eye balls and grey matter and all kinds of awesomeness. Oh, and Bruiser was, fine and dandy. The ER doc came to see us and I got a very distinct impression that he had googled Hemophilia right before he came in. Or WebMD. I wanted to ask him which one. He was doing well until, "At least he doesn't have Hemophilia A, that's Christmas Disease. That's way worse." And I thought, "WHAT!?" He also really did not want to give Bruiser his factor but since he had no bleeding I was fine with that. Until a lot later when I remembered he said to look out for 'delayed bleeding'. If he knew that was a possibility why didn't he give my child factor? I'm grateful that the experiences I'm having now I can learn from when they haven't been serious. Anyway, Bruiser looked like a tough guy his first birthday.


AND my sweet little boy on his 1st birthday! You are almost walking! You rip through my house in your walker and can stand up by yourself for 4 or 5 seconds at a time (which is excellent). You are still a great eater. You really really like to get into stuff and play. You have two new words which are 'kitty' and 'uh oh'. Eleven pounds ago you were my newborn angel and now you're such a big man. Sometimes you just love to be held so you can watch what's going on in the world around you. We love you so much.





I had a birthday too, although mine aren't really important anymore. We went to Bob Evans and the mall so Monk could ride on the train. He had so much fun. I love watching him get so excited.




Finally, the husband and I went to his company party. It was a nice excuse to get all dressed up. They paid for a hotel so our boys went to my parents' house for the night which was so wonderful! We had a great time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad he is ok after the fall! Sometimes ya gotta be a mama bear protecting her cubs! Grrr! :)

    Happy Birthday to Bruiser!

    ReplyDelete