Sunday, January 2, 2011

home sweet home

After Christmas I decided to take a trip with my dad to visit my Grandma in TN. Sans children. Christmas was so perfect and my children were such a pleasure to be around that I had a really hard time leaving. Thankfully my husband pushed me to go because he knew I needed it.

First of all, I had the best time with my grandma. She gave me baking lessons and we went out to eat and went shopping and chatted and looked through pictures and the whole time was wonderful.

Here's what I realized life would be like without my children:
1. No noise. It was so soooooo quiet.

2. No big bags. I needed a wallet and a cell phone.

3. When I went into a store all I had to do was get out of the car and go inside. No unloading carseats. (PS. Not my kid.)

4. The only person to clean up after was me!


All of this was nice but it also meant no cuddles, no hugs and kisses, no sweet baby sounds, no tiny hands to hold and my arms felt very empty. HOW I MISSED MY BABIES!

Needless to say I was very ready to be home and love on all three of my boys again. Monk ran right up to me with lots of kisses and a big "I love you" and Bruise WALKED TO ME. Yes, three steps in a row. My big men! Glad I went but there's definitely no place like my home.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to have a break! It must help you appreciate what you have. Keep enjoying those cute boys of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life without babies just isn't the same! I'll take the babies any day!

    ReplyDelete