Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Nicest Thing


This has been one crazy week and before I hunt down batteries for my camera to download pictures, I wanted to tell everyone about one of the nicest things anyone has done for me.


My sister on D's side decided to surprise me and throw me a diaper party/baby shower! I was not expecting anything like this at all - especially since I just had P 2 years ago and she has a little boy and we share things. (Which is amazing by the way.)


She really went way out of her way. She booked us at the Rose Gate Cottage Inn which is a cute little b&b that I've been in love with forever. It's very Victorian and lush and the china they had for us to eat on was beyond beautiful. Anyway, if just the location wasn't enough, she bought a ton of decorations and planned all these games and activities and made the most awesome food. No kidding, it was incredible. She just put a special little touch in everything- like she put her own cloves and spices in the apple cider and it smelled and tasted great.


We didn't play any of the games because literally nearly every person I know has either the flu or had to work or both. The games she had planned were cool though. She put different baby foods in diapers and we were going to guess what they were. And of course it looked really realistic. So we decorated little onesies for my baby and chatted and watched her son eat cake (which was hilarious). He had cake everywhere and was so SO excited. Of course his mommy got food all over her jacket, but that is the mark of motherhood. Speaking of cake, she said she knew that I'd want a hottie picture and she had this one of me that I had airbrushed and playd with every touch up tool in picnik with put in the middle of it. I could only dream of being that tan (sigh) It was really a funny touch:

Everyone brought me diapers and little odds and ends that just saved me a fortune at the store. I was just thinking about all of that too. We have the big stuff already, but this baby is due in 5 weeks and I didn't have diapers or baby soap.


Mostly, I just felt so honored that someone would do this for me. I've never had a surprise party before. I really felt like it was about me and that this was a special day for me. And for her to go to such great lengths and spend so much money on making me feel that is literally one of the nicest things that anyone has ever done for me. I am so grateful to have her as a friend and so blessed to have her as family. What a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great surprise! How nice!! Those b&bs are nice! Now you're stocked up and won't have to worry for at least a little bit. There are a lot of people sick right now. It's crazy! I hope I don't become one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't baby showers the best!! I had some really awesome people give me the best stuff. You look amazing!!! Working off the baby weight totally sucks right now.

    ReplyDelete