Friday, November 6, 2009

9 months

Ah, 36 weeks pregnant. Really though, I'm doing great. NO swelling at all, which has been my greatest relief since I was like a memory foam mattress with P. I can still wear my wedding rings and I feel really good with way more energy than I had a couple months ago.
We went to our 36 week checkup and I am 1cm dilated. So there's something! I'm excited that my body seems to know that not only is is supposed to help my baby grow, but also get him OUT.
I've been a crazy shopping woman lately and have nearly everything bought. I couldn't find any nursing pillows at Wal-Mart? but I never actually used the thing for nursing anyway. I also need to buy a little baby tub, but I'm thinking that with one tub being old and the other being super deep, I'll just clean up little C in the sink.
I STILL need to make a decision on a futon. Why is it so hard? Apparently, D is planning on it going in his office when I'm done with breastfeeding so he's going for a totally different style than I was thinking. That man really needs to let me inside his head sometimes so I know what's going on.
I also need to pack our bags, but that's a no big. We are having a GIANT Thanksgiving this year, so D has some stuff to do around the house and he can start by removing the vole that fell into our basement and sadly passed away. I'm about to make him a list. Geez.
The whole world seems to have the flu or some sort of virus and thus far P and I are clear. Can't speak too soon of course.
Anyway, so there's our life in a nutshell. Baby-waiting, futon-shopping, husband-nagging life that it be!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You're almost done! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you and it will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...it's so cute that you think that you'll be sleeping in labor. How long you planning on being there? :D It's your 2nd baby. Things should move along much faster than your first. Laboring at home until you don't feel you can anymore reduces intervention in labor. Plus you can eat and drink as you need to keep your energy and hydration level up. Are you still taking red raspberry leaf? It's not to late to step it up again if you've let it go. (think: quicker/easier labor) Drinking the tea is good and helpful during labor also. Don't worry about going out and getting some this late in the pregnancy thinking you don't need it for long. It's great for after the birth (toning that uterus back up) and it's very nourishing to a breastfeeding mother.
    You are going to have a great birth! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ~Apparently I'm not signed in and I'm too lazy to -lol. So you're gonna get another "anonymous" from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe the time is almost here. You may have to go to BabiesRus for the pillow. I've seen them before at Walmart so maybe they were just out? There are a lot of people who seem sick. I have avoided it thus far and I hope it stays that way. I didn't get either flu shot and neither did Kyndra.

    ReplyDelete