Monday, January 11, 2010




Saturday was awesome. D's mom wanted to have Monkey spend the night so we dropped him off with her so we could go shopping in Columbus and spend our Christmas money. He is always so perfect with her and I'm glad that he can get some individual attention. So she took him shopping and got him a couple of toys for her house, new shoes because she hates the ones I bought him and took him to a movie. Now I hate it when people take their kids that are that little to the movies because they can't ever handle it, but I told her it was her money and good luck.

Well, she gave him some fruit snacks (which are his favorite), and when the movie started he was a little startled because it was so loud and he goes, "OH! Big TV!" Then he didn't say a word for the rest of the entire time. He was perfect. I was so proud of my little man. Taking him to the movies will be a fun thing for us to do to give him some Monkey Time.

D and I had a good time shopping in Columbus. We had about $100 each leftover from Christmas. He laughs at me because I'm so cheap, but we ended up at Old Navy who was having a huge sale and I bought 3 skirts for a dollar each. But I loved them! What a lucky man he is that I can spend so little, get so much and be so excited!

Anyway, then we went to my parents' house and dropped off Baby Bruiser. So D and I went to see Avatar in 3D. It was pretty cool. The 3D part anyway. The storyline was pretty predictable and I checked the time 3x because it was waaay too long. After the movie we went to try the new Dominoe's pizza. Yup, their commercials totally sucked us in. But it was really good. Waaay better. It was so nice to have a day to just us and it was a perfect date. Thank goodness for parents who take care of our babies for us!

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's pretty good P sat through the whole movie! We watched Avatar but not it 3D. I actually liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for together time! Glad that you guys had a fun day just the two of you! Hope everything is going well! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete