Sunday, January 3, 2010

Already He's 1 month

So far we've survived an entire month of having two babies. C, for the most part, is the easiest little guy. He's pretty quiet like I knew he would be, except at night when his gas seems to get the best of him. It's really sad. Being terrified of SIDS, I even have let him sleep a couple hours here and there on his stomach, it's that bad. I leave the fan on which I read decreases his SIDS risk by 70%. I don't know how much stock I put into all of that, but it does make me feel better. The terrible gas is probably because he eats a TON. He's gained 2lbs since birth and his doctor was pretty surprised. P was pretty smallish, so maybe this one will be one of those chunky babies with the thigh and wrist rolls. I especially love wrist rolls.

Everyone said that having two would be so hard. It hasn't been. I'll let you know once the little one gets mobile. P is just as rambunctious as ever of course, but has taken to sleeping in our bed at night. Not that we really encourage it, but we're so exhausted that P sneaks in when we're dead asleep and we don't notice him until much later. It has made for a few funny surprises. We're going to have to figure out a system for hearing him as he gets up so we can direct him right back to his bed. Maybe a bell around the neck.

I'm really grateful for D. On our days off and at nights, he lets me slack off while he goes in full force with P. Right now he's giving P a bath while I play around on my computer. I really love hearing them laugh. I don't even feel guilty for letting him take over everything when he's here because I do all the getting up at night.

Right now, C can lift his head pretty easily and turn it to all different sides. He also moves his arms and legs a lot and when we swaddle him, we have to leave an arm out or he gets really upset. He really seems to love his womb freedom. He looks a lot different than when he was fresh too. His eyes are open wide and bright and he's gained a lot of cheek chub. His eyes haven't settled on color yet, but I'm sure they'll be brown. Just maybe not as dark chocolate as his brother. Milk chocolate? He's satisfied for hours at a time during the night, so I think I'm going to have to have him make the big move to his crib upstairs. It's my favorite room and it makes me sad that it's not being used except as clothing storage. Where, C seems to have outgrown all his NB clothes.

I'm a little sad that he's grown so fast, but I'm really looking forward to him being able to do stuff. This is totally different from P. I just loved every single stage he was in and never wanted him to go backwards or forwards. Maybe I'm just more looking forward to them doing brother stuff together. (Already they have some matching clothes.)

Thursday is our date at the Hemophilia Center. I'm looking forward to going that way because I want to get a couple of sweaters from stores they have there that we don't have here. I still have a few pounds to go until I'm back to my normal weight. Having a baby right before Christmas did not fit in well with my game plan and it feels weird to not be comfortable with how I look. I'm sure things will get to where they're going now that all the Christmas treats are out of my house. Mostly though, I'm thrilled to have my boys and I feel much happier now that C is here, and I was never sad before. Everything is exactly where it should be and there's not better feeling than that.

2 comments:

  1. haha I like the idea of putting a bell on your child before bed. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things seem to be going very well! And I hope the visit to the center goes well too. You know, I never envisioned 2 being that hard. Kyndra was such an easy baby and I think Carleigh would've been the same. Kyndra would've made it easy on me too b/c she's good at keep herself entertained. :)

    That's so funny P sneaks in your bed. lol He knows how to work it!

    ReplyDelete