Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ultrasound & Check-Ups

Crooked though they be, there they are! Pictures from our first ultrasound with Brooks 2. Not much to say really, I've gained 3lbs, which is normal in my first trimester since I don't throw up. I tend to snack and eat two dinners :D. Last time I didn't gain much in the 2nd, but the third I did. We had a fire our last month and had to eat out every meal, so I gained 7lbs in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time around :)
Baby is in perfect health as far as we can tell at this point and there is just ONE. Twins run on both sides of our family so we got a lot of questions, but nope, just ONE BABY. D is relieved. Unless they were twin girls.
This baby didn't move around too much but that heart sure was flapping! The big circle next to the baby's head is the yolk sac, which I don't remember seeing before. The yolk sac is what the baby lives off of until the placenta is fully formed. Interesting. I didn't know that before.
Last time we went to BV Women's Center and they were okay. It felt a lot like a business transaction so this time we decided to try Cascades. Their building isn't as nice, but the people have so far been fantastic. They were so nice! So we're glad that we switched, except that one of the delivery doctors is an elderly gent and D isn't too keen on the idea of a man being around me, haha.
P also had his doctor's appointment yesterday. He had to get two shots which broke my heart. I think they hurt his feelings more than anything b/c he always gets this shocked look on his face, and doesn't cry, then sees the nurse doing it and that little face just crumbles. Dr. Beck never tells me what percentile P is in, just that his head, weight and height are all perfectly matched and that's what counts. He also said that he's impressed by P's maturity b/c most 18 month checks ups are the worse because the babies are screaming the whole time due to stranger anxiety. Dr. Beck has cool toys in his pockets, so he and P got along just fine! Anyway, D is healthy too! We're all in the clear health-wise!

3 comments:

  1. Your little baby is so cute! I actually noticed the yolk sac right away. :) I used to go to Cascades for my gyn when I lived back up there. I thought they were always nice. I had an older guy as my dr. I wonder if it is the same one. Poor little guy! I hope he's doing fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I like your Myspace saying "Brooks 3.5". Sounds like your family is doing great. I'm happy for you :)

    --Jude

    ReplyDelete