Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Names

With our BIG ULTRASOUND being 3 weeks away, we've decided to start thinking about names.

The problem is, my husband can't really think of any on his own. So I start spouting things off, he hears one he likes, and that becomes the name of our future child. EXCEPT, just because I'm spouting things off doesn't mean that's what I want to name our baby. I'd like to at least explore other options. That is how P got his name. I said it once and that was it. D is NOT a contributor.

Last night we bantered about GIRL Names. We don't have any boy names picked out b/c we're not so secretly hoping for a girl. Not that I wouldn't love another little boy, but really I just want to pick out dresses and girly colors. Which I could do with a boy, just not without damaging him somehow.


So here are the girl names I like. D only likes the first one. He won't even think of another one. Stubborn stubborn man:

RILEY
Monroe
Emmy
Violet
Livvie
Lilah

Right now my brain is fried and I can't think of any other ones that I like. Give me lots of suggestions! The ones I like the most I'll put up on a poll!

PS We're most likely having a boy ;)

7 comments:

  1. Violet is good for a girl. Multi-syllable names are best. When someone shouts from across the room it's hard to know if they're calling your name if it's just one syllable. Seriously; it's important. Tyson, Aaron, Kevin, Oliver, Wilson. or Natalie, Rachel, Christine, Rachelle/Shelly, Tiffany. Congratulations, parents-to-be! -Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if it turns out to be a boy you can still use Riley! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok me and my friend Lindsey are gonna write down a whole bunch of names that just come to our head:

    Girls--> Jade, Claire, Erin, Arabella, Lily, Madison, Abigail, Scarlet, Chloe, Adalee, Paige, Gia, Analise, Haylee, Matelyn, Kayden, Julia, Cecily, Ivy, Georgia, Caylee, Alexis, Lydia

    Boys--> Layton, Quinton, Braden, Dalton, Jackson, Blake, Colton, Kohen, Elijah, Alexander, Joshua, Garrett, Eric, Preston, Jonas, Silas, Jared, Gunner, Kellen, Kale, Mason

    ReplyDelete
  4. With those girl names... I love Livvie!!! Violet sounds cute with P's name too.

    Girl names... Kyla, Olivia, Lily, Kaylie, Lenna, Hadley, Avery, Emery, Ellis, Taylor, Grace, Isabella, Lola, Tyler, Skylar, Skyler, Elle, Ella, Emmie, Rory, Kapri, Capri, Kai, London, Maddie, Emma, Heather, Sierra, Savanna, Sienna, Serena, Corrie, Madison, Honor, Audrina, Heidi, Kiley, Kendra, Reese

    Boy names... Colton, Hunter, Chase, Griffith, Griffin, Grayson, Graysen, Grant, Blake, Brenton, Jace, Hayden, Bennett, Bryce, Bassett, Cole, Brant, Garrett, Tucker, Skyler, Skylar, Jameson, Everett, Emerson, Everest, London, Hudson, Ryder, Madden, Boston, Brody, Walker, Harris, Whitfield, Barret, Conrad, Barron, Landon, Payton, Channing, Damon, Jake, Cooper, Cory, James, Bay, Carson, Cameron, Krew, Madsen, Quinton, Quinten, Hutton, Bowen, Boden, Owen, Beau
    And I like Riley for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know- if its a boy... why not just go for Colton? You liked that name for the first pregnancy anyways. For a girl I agree with Jude. When you can yell a name across the room, angry or not, and get attention its always a plus. But... it needs to pair well with the middle name b/c when you are REALLY mad the first, middle, and last name will ALWAYS catch his/her attention. haha. For girls (b/c I think Colton should be the boys name hands down- you loved that name)... Taylor, Jade, Paige, Cary (I like the spelling), and goodness... most of the others that people recommended. When it hits you it'll be right. ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the name Olivia. I wanted that name if Lincoln came out a girl. Riley is SO adorable! I LOVE the name Emmy. You could even spell it Emi. Colton is a great name for a boy too! Can't wait to hear what he/she is and the name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, for your new names on the vote thingy... I like Colton and Grey the most. I voted for Grey but I like them each equal. Livvy will always be my favorite of those girl names. You could always name her Olivia and call her Livi too.

    ReplyDelete