Saturday, June 27, 2009

SCIATICA

I fell down the stairs a little over two years ago before I even knew I was pregnant with Piercen. I had to do a little bit of physical therapy since I WAS pregnant and they didn't want any back pain to get worse. Turns out I broke myself a little bit. But I've never been accused of being graceful.

So a little while ago, I noticed this pain deep down in my hip and I thought, "Well shoot, it's from when I fell and I'm still broken." But the good news is, it's just my Sciatic nerve! Sciatica is a well-known term around pregnant women. The uterus can press on it and send pain anywhere from the lower back all the way down the legs. But usually in the third trimester. Since this has been happening since day 1, and this mornin I was gimping around like a lame horse, I may start to fear for the third trimester just a little bit.

If anyone sees me in a wheel chair, know all my problems will be solved around the first week of December.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You might need a wheelchair by then! I hope it really doesn't get worse. I only had a few episodes each pregnancy where I felt a little tingle and my leg would give out a little. It wasn't that pleasant.

    ReplyDelete