Monday, March 8, 2010

Did I Forget That He's 3 Months??



I like doing these month to month posts about how Bruiser's changing. Mostly, it's because I'm behind on scrapbooking so I can just copy and paste what I type in. Anyway, my little boy is 3 months old!

I can honestly say that I have never seen a happier or sweeter baby. He wakes up with smiles and dimples and coos. He loves to be laid on his back so he can kick and rock sideways. If I'm holding him, he can propel himself to a sit up position, but he can't keep himself there of course. He has the brightest eyes and the longest lashes. He's also quite the cuddler, making him the perfect baby. He lights up whenever Monk leans over him and tries to play with him and he follows Daddy with his eyes EVERYWHERE. He's such a daddy's boy. Jealous.



At his last dr's appt, he was 12.5 pounds, so I'm assuming he's around 13lbs or so now. Bruiser sleeps an awful lot and snores just a little bit. He's not a huge eater or anything. I felt at this stage with Monkey that I'd run out of milk, but Bruiser just goes in spurts. He's so laid back, which really is wonderful to have two like that. We're so blessed to have him.

The new Hemo doc found a place that would give us Factor to have on hand. They had it here NEXT DAY! Toledo never got around to that at all which confirms how wonderful these new people are. I believe the factor company is called BioRX. They're super sweet and said that they have children with hemophilia, so if I ever just need to talk or ask, they've been there. They also have a program to help train the local EMT's in giving Factor injections because with a bleeder, you have to inject him a certain way or else you could give him a muscle bleed! I'll be happy to learn all this stuff. The nice thing is though, that if Bruiser ever gets a bleed, we can take him to the local ER with our own factor since the local hospitals won't keep it on hand for us. That way we don't have to travel all the way to CBus.

So things are happy! We're so in love with our boys and every day they do something that makes us fall and fall and fall. We're so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. He's getting to be a big boy!! I'm glad that you have such wonderful people to work with with the hemo!

    ReplyDelete