Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Don't Be Afraid to Call


So when we first told people we were going to have our little Bruiser, my mother-in-law bought us a super cute swaddling blanket. I love these little swaddling blankets because I never get regular blankets to stay put when I swaddle them.

So I put this cute little swaddler on my boy, and the straps slipped up! Which means that they were above his shoulders and around his tiny little neck! One quick freakout and making sure he was still breathing and the next morning I look up the company's info from the tag on the blanket so I can complain. It's not so much that I want to raise a big fuss, but more that I want to make them aware of the problem. A lot of times, they're small companies that take the input into future designs so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I left a message this morning and this afternoon a girl called me back. She seemed surprised and said that maybe my swaddler was too big and that's why it was slipping so she offered to send me a smaller one. "No," I respond ever so politely. It's not like getting a bad haircut and you let them go back and fix it. I don't want another product. Because what if it wasn't that it didn't fit? Why would I risk that with my baby? So she totally understood and was so sweet and is going to issue me a check!

I totally wasn't expecting that and didn't ask for it so I was pleasantly surprised she didn't just offer store credit. I appreciate it when companies like that take moms seriously and don't give us the run around. Anyway, even though I was unhappy with my swaddler, they have a lot of cute things in their on-line store that are baby-friendly. See what a little good customer service will do? I appreciate people I can work with: www.gomamagodesigns.com

2 comments:

  1. Their customer service is pretty impressive, and as you said, that goes a LONG way in your impression of the company. Have you tried another swaddler instead? We use Halo Sleepsack Swaddles, and love them! They are very well designed and our LO is so comfortable and snug wrapped up in them. And they too are a great company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's scary it did that! I'm glad that they took you seriously and gave you credit for it. That's a good company!!

    ReplyDelete