Friday, March 27, 2009

Babies Babies Everywhere

This has been a very active couple of days for babies. First, last night, D's sister had her first baby, a healthy baby boy. And today, my friend Holly is being induced for her baby girl. Holly has a really cool blog that half of America reads about her daughter that is really worth checking out: carleighmckenna.blogspot.com
She's actually been updating her blog while waiting. What a woman!
Being at the hospital last night where P was born really took Dustin and me down memory lane. The whole journey of finding out he was coming, being amazed that we made a person and telling our families all the way down to him being born. There are few things in this life that we will remember with EXACTNESS. Other things tend to get fuzzy and blurred but the feeling is still there. After P was delivered most things were fuzzy, literally, as I had the drug Staydol that basically knocked me out and made me woozy. But, I remember with perfect clarity my baby's face when they put him in my arms.
P only gave three cries. That was it. Then they gave him to me and he had the most serene and intensely focused look in his eyes that I have ever seen. I can still see them even with my eyes open. He didn't cry again in the hospital unless he got a shot but spent most of his time looking around at everything. Anyone who knows my son won't be too surprised. He's the same way now except mobile.
Babies are such miracles! I couldn't imagine seeing one and not believing in God and the gifts He gives us as our Father.
Picture: P 5 minutes after he was born:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me! :) You're so funny-"that half of America reads"-that made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete