Sunday, March 15, 2009

What's that? A hat?

Did you know that the government takes 40% of a bonus for taxes? That is something that we've learned with my husband's job. It's been weird for me since August not going out and working because since we've been married I've always been the "breadwinner" and worked full-time and D went to school and/or worked. I even had P with me at my last job. So I've decided to add a few more hats to being a stay-at-home-momma:

1. I work for my father in law one day a week to pay bills.
2. I'm a photojournalist for the local newspaper and do human interest pieces.
3. I babysit about 20 hours a week for a two month old baby boy. It's so fun to see P around him!

It's not a whole lot, but I feel like I'm contributing financially at least a little bit. All the sacrifices we've had to make so far have been so worth it to be able to stay at home with P. It's truly been wonderful to not miss anything!

2 comments:

  1. I just randomly came across your blog and wanted to tell you that your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great it would be to be a SAHM. Techinically we could do it but we'd have to cut out quite a bit but I really like my job so I thinking working PT would be ideal for me! Wishful thinking... Looks like you keep pretty busy!

    ReplyDelete