Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend's Thoughts

This has been a crazy ride of a week. My husband has been tired from working so hard, I've been babysitting, writing for the paper and house stuff and two new lifes have come into this world.
I was finally able to meet little Tristan who is such a tiny gorgeous thing. Daniell is a very confident mother and I really think motherhood suits her. She says that Brandon is every bit the doting father we all thought he would be.
My friend's daughter will be laid to rest later this week, I think. My chest has been bursting with all these different emotions. As a mother, the mere thought of losing my son brings me to sobbing tears. Literally hundreds of people followed her journey on Friday and Saturday and hundreds of people are carrying a wound that will never compare to Holly's. I'm so heartbroken for her, but I also feel a kind of awe and a need to stand up straighter and be prouder because of her. I already told her, but because of her decision, her little girl got to kick and hiccup and live so much longer than what any other mother would have let her.
I am so proud to be a mother. There's no greater calling. Thinking of how much I love my husband and son still brings tears to my eyes. I don't think that I will ever be able to be grateful enough for eternal families. Hopefully I can appreciate them at least a portion of what they deserve.

2 comments:

  1. My precious Carleigh has touched so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she has. What an accomplishment for one so little. We're all better people.

    ReplyDelete