Monday, August 10, 2009

And the winner is...!

So I appreciate everyone giving me ideas for baby names. Over the weekend we finally made a decision, and to my surprise, it is the simplest most common of names:

Cole Michael

Thursday I talked to my Grandma for a long time about the world, and she just said, "I sure hope D talks you out of Paxton. I like Cole myself." I love the way she is. No sugar-coating, but she's never rude.
Then on the drive to Missouri (pics to come), my father-in-law decided that Cole was a perfect name because it's "tough" and a 'Cole' can be anything he wants. I almost was going to NOT name our baby Cole to spite him, but I really do like it.
Anyway, Michael happens to be the name of our fathers, my daddy and D's dad and Pops, who has always taken care of us, kind of like a second dad to my husband. And, I really like that it's simple.
So there's a very long explanation of my second son's name. And wow, it's weird to say I have sons. See him in December!

3 comments:

  1. Cole sounds good to me. Nice and simple! How are you feeling? When are you guys going to find a job for Travis so we can move out there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Cole. :) You have to change your little baby thingy over there! ---->

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great name! Gotta love grandma!! :)

    ReplyDelete