Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Fun-ness

Look at me! I'm posting pictures! So we did just a couple of things this summer other than moving and being pregnant. We decided to not go on any big vacations since we bought a house and wanted to take it easy.
We went to the zoo with D's sister and her husband and 4-month old. LOVE HIM. P was so much fun this time around because he knows all of the animals and made all the noises when we saw them. We had an especially good time in "Ape Land". The zoo has a lot of new kids parts and it was Fisher Price Day where they had a bunch of toys to play with and gave you promotional DVD's.
Next we went to Missouri for a family reunion for D's Dad's family. We only stayed a couple of days, but it was fun to meet lots of new people. P loved playing with the other kids his age. He and I spent lots of time at the lake and it was so nice to play with him. My MIL got lots of great pictures. I'll have to get them from her sometime so you can tell I actually was there (and at the zoo, too. My SIL too much better pics than me too.) Anyway, D's grandparents have a lot of land so the boys all spent most of their time on the mule carting around. P also loved the horses. Unfortunately I could not convince him to stop calling them cows *sigh*.
Oh, Update on the 'reassessment of my placental location'. It's called Placenta Previa. All it means is that part of the placenta is blocking the baby from cervix which means he'd have to be born via c-section. BUT, only 10% of women that it's noticed in still have the problem at the time of birth. Best case scenario, it goes away, no problems. Worst case, I get put on bed rest and have a c-section at 37 weeks. No worries though, it was just nice to figure out what it was all about!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to do some fun stuff! You gotta make time for that even if you are pregnant. How do you have time to be on the computer blogging and face booking so much? Are you working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we neeed to swap zoo pics. I have some cute ones u need...o by the way....did u know our husbands r dorks? Just thought u might have missed that lol. Tristan loves his cousin!!!! C U Thursday! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're having some fun times as the summer comes to a close. Yeah, the placenta previa should correct it self and I hope you aren't the minority!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! Your family is so cute and it looks like you have tons of fun! I am intersted in knowing how you format your pictures in those nice collages?

    ReplyDelete