Monday, August 31, 2009

Decorating my house this last week!

Saturday to Saturday was very busy for us, and that's just how we like it. So far I have managed to finish painting my boys' rooms and get their hallway decorated. It doesn't look great, so I'm desperate for ideas. One thing I have learned though, I am terrible and choosing paint. TERRIBLE.



Baby boy C's room:


This actually turned out much much brighter than I thought and the picture doesn't do it justice. Let's just say that during the day, the hallway glows. But I still really love it. When else do you get to paint an impossibly bright color.


The Boys' Hallway:

The quote says "Prince- son of a Heavenly King". I think it would all look much better painted, but I had to make a compromise with D. It was either don't paint the upper hallway, or the lower hallway. One is still orange, so no brainer. It looks kind of bare but don't forget the glow! Each picture is matted w/ scrapbook paper and ribbon. I'm waiting on pics of Baby C for the middle one. I couldn't really put much else there since my boys'll probably destroy it:(

P's Dinosaur Room:

I was so disappointed when I was finished because the paint turned out much darker than I wanted. True I want him to be able to grow into it, but I still wanted something brighter. Once I get his accessories up, it will look better. I'm especially excited to get a full-sized bed b/c his dinosaur bedding is to die for. Then we'll make a headboard and toybox. Please forgive my child's mess. It takes him all of 2 seconds.

And FINALLY, Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it. The weather, the smell of leaves, clothes, EVERYTHING. So since the weather has cooled off and Fall is too short, I went and bought some candles that are making my house smell like Fall Heaven (*sigh).




3 comments:

  1. Choosing paint is sooo hard, lookin' good though! I like the scrapbooked pictures- such a neat idea! I might have to copy that ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I hate picking out paint. There are so many colors and shades. It's ridiculous! I love those fall scents. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a picture of the house. I like the blue walls in the baby's room. Look how grown up you are! Your own house... I think that'll take us another ten years before we get to that point, lol.

    ReplyDelete