Friday, May 29, 2009

Mystery Baby appt #2

Yesterday was my second appointment for Mystery Baby. I really love Dr. Schultz's office because everyone there is really nice. I didn't wait for 3 minutes. So I went in and got weighed. I'm up to 123! That means I'm up 5 pounds, which is more than you're supposed to gain your first trimester. I'm consoling myself by saying I was too skinny before and my MIL told me she gained more the first trimester with her second baby too, but didn't gain more overall. AND I still weight 5 pounds less than I did when I started out with P. And I can still button up my pants.

That was a long explanation about my weight, but let's face it. For most pregnant mothers, the first little while the baby is doesn't feel real. You don't feel any little kicks, you're usually not buying a lot of baby stuff and except for nausea, you don't feel pregnant. You just feel like you're gaining weight.

Anyway, they took my BP and it was good. They didn't tell me how much it was but that doesn't matter anyway because I wouldn't know if it was good or bad. Then I waited another 3 minutes and the nurse came in. She was SO nice. She introduced herself and sat and talked to me for 10 minutes about my little boy, being pregnant, any concerns, and stuff in general. And it wasn't polite talking where they're waiting to leave the second they get a break. It's such a relief from the last place. I never knew who my appointment was with, if they were a nurse, doctor or tech. They were always in and out and nice but curt. They never explained ANYTHING ever which is bad for a first timer. Especially when you're expecting your first ultrasound to rub jelly on your cute little belly and see your baby.

So the heartbeat was 166 which is what it was with P's. Jolene was really happy we could hear it b/c I guess sometimes it's harder at 12 weeks. And that was it. It was a short appointment but I'm good, there really is a baby in there who's alive and well and I'm not just gaining chub :)

2 comments:

  1. That is the bad part of the beginning...it doesn't look like you're pregnant and you don't really know you are besides the symptoms. Glad you found a wonderful place! They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no it could be another boy! Who will i give all my little baby girl clothes to?

    ReplyDelete