Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mystery Baby is a BIG Deal

but I didn't think it would be. I mean, D and I are so excited. So when I couldn't button my jeans (ALREADY!) we thought we'd just casually tell our friends and family. Except my dad. I had to tease him a little bit since it was his birthday.
We put P in his Big Brother t-shirt and went to meet my Dad, Grandma and my nieces and nephew for ice cream. My dad didn't notice there. So we went to my dad's house and an hour later my dad walked into the living room where I was talking to my grandma with this funny look on his face. "Uhhh, is there something you want to tell me?" "What's that Daddy?" "Well, there's this song on your blog about some baby, and P is wearing a big brother t-shirt." So I laughed. Then he got all excited. I think I could have told him I just happend to like the song (real reason its up there) and that the shirt was a hand me down and he would have believed me. But you can't mess with my dad too long.
I was really unprepared for how excited my family was! I thought they'd be more like, "Oh cool. Can't wait." But it was more like, "AWESOME, I bet it's a girl, when are you due are you sick what do you need, AWESOME".
And D's family didnt' believe us. So that was funny too. Surprise!
I haven't really had time to think about this baby since I babysit, write for the paper and work for my father in-law. AND I have my own little P. AND D. So it's funny when it comes up a lot when we're out. So at any rate, Mystery Baby #2 is definitely a big deal.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's fun when people do neat things to announce a new baby is on the way. Some people get quite creative! I was gonna do the tshirt thing with Kyndra but I never bothered getting a tshirt. I guess I couldn't wait that long. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still SO excited for you guys...I still can't believe you are going to have #2 before me, what the heck?!

    ReplyDelete